(Note: This is a 3rd party announcement. All inquiries must be sent directly to INSTEP through Mr. Gene Jones. )
Environmental Site Assessment and AAI Training Course (Sep. 21-22, Florida)
The International Society of Technical and Environmental Professionals, Inc. (INSTEP) is inviting interested professionals to attend its Phase I Environmental Site Assessment and All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) Training Course on September 21-22, in Ft. Myers, Florida. [There will also be a Licensed Environmental Professional (LEP) Exam. ]
INSTEP has initiated this program to assure that professionals providing Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) have the acceptable academic background and a minimal level of verifiable appropriate experience. In this program, elements of the ASTM Phase I ESA Standard E1527, federal standards and practices for All Appropriate Inquiries (AAI), ASTM Phase II ESA Standard E1903, as well as, ASTM’s E1528 (Standard Practice for Limited Environmental Due Diligence: Transaction Screen Process) will be presented. The focus of this training course is on these standards and other relevant national and Florida specific issues.
All program attendees must apply for and successfully complete an examination covering the following areas:
- Applicable federal and state laws and regulations
- Basic assessment methods and the ASTM E 1527 and
- E 1528 Standards as well as, federal standards and practices for All Appropriate Inquiries (AAI)
- Ethical and legal considerations for the consultant
Upon completion and passage of the exam, each participant will receive a certificate stating that they are a Licensed Environmental Professional (LEP) certification from INSTEP.
NOTE: The course is NOT an Exam Review or Exam Preparation Program and attendance of the Program is not required to sit for the Examination.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
In order to qualify for the LEP certification one must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be a professional engineer or professional geologist, with the equivalent of three years of full-time relevant experience;
- Be licensed or certified by the federal government, a state, tribal entity, with the equivalent of three years of full-time relevant experience;
- Have a 4-year or higher degree in a relevant discipline of engineering, environmental science, or earth science and the equivalent of five years of full-time relevant experience; or
- Have the equivalent of ten (10) years of full-time relevant experience.
Source: International Society of Technical & Environmental Professionals (INSTEP)
For course and registration information, call Gene Jones at 850-558-0617.
Post Office Box 38070 Tallahassee, FL 32315-8070
Telephone: (850) 558-0617 Fax: (850) 386-4321
Home Page: http://www.instep.ws
This is not a paid blog. (I do not ask for any donation but I hope you can plant a tree on your birthday/s.) (Full disclosure: I am a member of INSTEP since 2014.)